This Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe Is Delicious
You are going to love this Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe! It’s so quick and easy to make and so sinfully rich.
The kids will love it as a great warm dessert with ice cream. When fresh apples are in season this tasty dessert is even better.
There’s even a recipe video I found on YouTube for making this Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe to see just how easy this recipe is to fix.
I hope you find this dessert as good as I do. When you need a quick dessert for last minute company, these apple dumplings will hit the spot.
Enjoy the recipe and stop back by and let us all know how you liked it.
Image: Apple Dumplings by Jon Mountjoy on Flickr, Commons 2.0
- 2 Granny Smith apples, large; peeled and cored
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls, 10 ounce
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Mountain Dew
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into wedges and set aside.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Roll 1 or more apple wedges in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end.
- Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over the apple dumplings.
- Pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Cook Time
Don’t Forget The Ice Cream!
Image: Apple Dumpling by Melissa Bube on Flickr, Commons 2.0
Tips For This Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe
This Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings recipe has been popular for a long time, and it’s no wonder. They’re so easy to make and just as easy to adjust the recipe.
Personally, I don’t like them to have too much liquid, so I use less Mountain Dew. They still come out just as wonderful. And like any other of my recipes, I enjoy tweaking it here and there. LOL
Try these ideas for some YUMMY variations on the apple dumplings:
- Roll a piece of cheddar cheese, or sprinkle shredded cheese on the apple slice before wrapping it in the crescent roll.
- Try making pear dumplings–substitute pear slices for the apples. Use semi firm pears. You can add cheese to pear dumplings too.
- When serving your apple dumplings hot, sprinkle shredded cheese over them.
Add a pat of cream cheese with the apple slice before rolling it in the crescent roll.
- Can you think of more ways to enhance the flavors in these wonderful country apple dumplings? Share them with us in the guestbook below.
I don’t know what I’d do without my Pyrex baking dishes. I’ve tried others but always come back to these.
Pyrex baking dishes just seem to cook better. I especially like that you can use them in the refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher and on the table.
These baking dishes are strong, reliable and easy to clean. There’s nothing else I’d use, so I have a whole collection of them in varying sizes!
Actually I may have a couple of some of the bigger ones, like these. It doesn’t hurt to have extras, don’t judge!
And just a note to remind you that this will be a VERY rich and sweet dessert. If you don’t like really sweet stuff, you might want to cut back on the sugar (and maybe the butter) a little bit.
I’ll say it. This is a classic Southern recipe. Like Paula Deen, my favorite recipes are the ones that start with a stick of butter, so this was right up my alley! Think Southern sweet food. Think comfort food. Yum! Enjoy!
Another Version Of Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe
I love this video. I get a huge kick out of it whenever I watch it. He does a great job too! This is essentially all it takes to make your dumplings.